In over 100 years of existence the construction had several destinations, many of them related to the Military Navy. In the 1978 year, the building becomes the headquarters of the Military Navy, and 2009 is the headquarters of the Fleet Command.
The building was built between 1879 and 1881, according to the plans of the architect Alexandru Orăscu, in neoclassical style with pediments. It initially served as a hotel, first called "Terminus", then "Carol". Between 1924 and 1927 the building was multi-storey and became an officer's dormitory, being taken over by the Military Circle.
by Genoese Lighthouse was erected by the English company Danube and Black Sea Railway Co. Limited, known for the construction of the Constanţa - Cernavoda railway, the imposing Terminus hotel. The grandiose façade with many windows gave it a splendid appearance. The hotel had 90 spacious rooms and lounges with balconies. Inside were several hot and cold bathrooms on each floor of the hotel. The hotel was subsequently lit with electricity.
The construction has a solid foundation, being built on a 14 meter deep rock, made of mortar bricks. Between 1924 and 1927 the building was multi-storey, and between 1982 and 1983 it was restored, but its neoclassical style has been preserved. Between 1925 and 1927, the building was transformed into an officer's dormitory. In fact, the Navy bought it for this very purpose: a military hotel, organizing here in 1932 the first exhibition of a museum of the Romanian Navy. After 1944, it continued to be the home of officers, and in 1958 became the headquarters of local businesses.
Since 1978, the Military Navy and the Admiralty Command operate here.
Here you can find the address of the Fleet Command in Constanta:
Strada Remus Opreanu 13, Constanţa
Hotel Park supports the promotion of Constanta and Mamaia resorts by providing all necessary information to tourists and not only.